“In the past nine months, we’ve had two projects where we migrated a customer from Veeam to Backup Exec after Veeam couldn’t recover data that it reported it had backed up.”PingUs Solutions GmbH & Co. KG
A fast, cost-effective, unified backup and recovery solution for cloud-ready organizations.
One backup, for all your data.
Virtual, physical and multi-cloud environments.
Backup Exec gives you simple, complete backup and recovery protection for your business—to cover all data wherever it resides.
With the choice of up-front perpetual or subscription licensing, Backup Exec is available in three editions to best fit your needs. Bronze provides the most economic option. Silver offers the most-used features. Gold includes all the features and functionality available in Backup Exec.
- Enhance your DR strategy with full integration with Azure Site Recovery to ensure data and application availability with minimal RTO and RPO
- Benefit from advanced integration with some of the latest third-party software releases, including Microsoft® Server, Microsoft® Hyper-V and VMware® vSphere®
- Seamlessly scale Backup Exec to the cloud and choose from a range of fully tested and certified integrated cloud connectors for various cloud environments, including AWS S3, Microsoft® Azure, Google Cloud Platform Storage
- Locate and visualize your entire data estate to support General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy regulations, using Veritas Information Map™
- Fast end-to-end deduplication performance to on-premise storage, as well as to public and hybrid cloud to reduce time, cost and network bandwidth
Protect all your data, not just some of it
If the unthinkable happens, be confident all your critical data is backed up and can be recovered quickly and easily.
- Reduce vulnerability and exposure to the threat of ransomware.
- Use automated workflows to remain compliant with data protection regulations like GDPR.
- Schedule and monitor backup jobs. Recover data in a few simple clicks using intelligent dashboards and intuitive wizards.
Backup for the modern business
Modernized data protection enables you to keep pace and respond to the growing demands of digital transformation.
- Back up to any storage device or the cloud environments identified on our comprehensive software, cloud and hardware compatibility lists.
- Accelerate your cloud journey with native cloud connectors for all major cloud vendors including AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM, and Google.
- Stay current and benefit from latest technology releases with a choice of subscription licensing options.
Simple to acquire, less expensive to run
There’s no need to pay for and manage multiple solutions. Backup Exec provides unified protection for all your data across virtual, physical and multi-cloud environments.
- A simple, plane of glass interface cuts down admin time. to makes initial installation and configuration up to 75 percent faster*.
- Spend less on storage and reduce backup times using intelligent deduplication and multi-cloud capabilities.
- Benefit from 59 percent lower 5-Year Total Cost of Ownership*.
*Topline Strategy Group "Battle of the Backups" TCO study
– August 2017
New in Backup Exec 20.2
Support for DRaaS and Expanded Protection Options
Your data remains secure and available at every stage – whether backing up to the cloud, protecting workloads within the cloud, recovering from the cloud, or connecting to on-premise storage.
- Fully integrated Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) powered by Azure Site Recovery will enable you to minimize RPO and RTO of VM workloads to off-site recovery to Azure
- Establish trust to review and validate the security SSL certificates installed on vCenter/EXS(i) host
- Data insight and immersive visualization with Information Map integration to help you identify areas of value, areas of risk, and areas of waste
- Expanded cloud coverage with new support for Azure Archival Storage, Amazon Glacier, Chunghwa Telecom hicloud S3, IBM Cloud Object Storage, Infoniqa SWISS3CLOUD, & Amazon S3 in US West1 (Gov FIPS 140-2)
- Security features comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) 3.1/3.2
- New platform support: Vmware vSphere 6.7, Windows Server version 1803, Windows 10 version 1803, and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016
Protect data to, from, and within clouds.
Backup that confidently serves your cloud strategy.
Backup Exec provides greater flexibility to help you reduce costs and administration time, including the power to choose long-term, low-cost compute and storage in the cloud.
- Benefit from direct integration with Azure Site Recovery for cloud-based DRaaS, minimizing RPO and RTO.
- Use direct public cloud connectors to AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Storage.
- Choose flexible hybrid-cloud gateway options from AWS, Microsoft, and NetApp.
- Run Backup Exec in the cloud on AWS EC2 or the Azure platform.
- Simplify your cloud data protection implementation with easy deployment from the Azure and AWS Marketplace.
- Optimize costs with hot and cool storage support.
Designed for your VM infrastructure.
Get deep VMware and Hyper-V integration.
Backup Exec integrates with leading hypervisors to provide real protection for all your virtual environments, including VMware® and Microsoft Hyper-V®. Years of API integration experience and support for the latest platforms ensure your virtual machines are always protected quickly, with reliable restore.
- Protect one to thousands of virtual machines from a single console.
- Automate the discovery and protection of all your virtual machines
- Instantly recover virtual machines and give users access in minutes
- Restore VM objects directly from agentless backups and hardware snapshots
- Automatically discover and protect VMs on VMware vSANs and vVOLs
Certified solutions that work.
Confidently support your backup infrastructure.
Over 30 years of experience has taught us what works and what doesn’t. Our team of engineers constantly certifies Backup Exec with the latest hardware and software. That means you can rely on Veritas’ compatibility expertise for fast and reliable infrastructure.
- Enjoy physical support from one of the industry’s most comprehensive hardware and software compatibility lists.
- Use solutions we test and certify, so you don’t have to.
- Get support for new applications and platforms within 60 days of release.
Optional add-ons to extend protection and functionality.
Locate, harness and protect your data, not just some of it.
Now when you choose Backup Exec, you can connect with an ever-expanding family of solutions that can help you to run your business with confidence.
- Backup Exec now brings you full integration with Azure Site Recovery for instant cloud-based disaster recovery to Azure.
- Veritas SaaS Backup extends backup for Office 365, Google Cloud G Suite, and Salesforce and other SaaS applications.
- Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO) protects all your company endpoint devices that run the following platforms, Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.
- Veritas Access allows you to easily manage access to data to meet performance and capacity demands of individual workloads.
Optimize delivery to the consumer.
Use Backup Exec the way you want.
In a world filled with many choices, Backup Exec gives you the flexibility to purchase and consume according to your backup strategy. On-prem? Storage-as-a-Service? MSP-delivered Backup-as-a-Service? It’s all possible with Backup Exec.
- Easily manage compliance with capacity licensing.
- Get turnkey operation with reseller-delivered appliances.
- Use public cloud storage via connectors and hybrid gateways.
- Have the experts manage your Backup Exec on-premises or in a private cloud.
"When it comes to using AWS or Azure cloud storage, Backup Exec provides native connections that are just as easy to set up and manage as local storage. Because Backup Exec uses a native connection, the only cost is what AWS or Azure charges for their storage, which can be $.01/MB/Month or even lower for the least expensive storage."Jonathan Klein, Managing Partner, Topline Strategy Group, Inc.
"Today, our strengthened partnership delivers deeper integration and increased flexibility as customers incorporate Microsoft cloud services and look to extract greater value from their data."Scott Guthrie, Executive Vice President of Cloud and Enterprise, Microsoft
“Each of our subsidiaries was an island. Now we’ve connected those islands with technology bridges.”Holger Gemassmer, CIO, Bültel Bekleidungswerke GmbH
Backup Exec Resources
Looking for more information? See our library of data sheets, white papers or videos.
Backup Exec Requirements
Trying to decide if this product fits your needs? Read system requirement details before installation.
Why Backup Exec?
See how Backup Exec compares to the competition.
Buy via a Partner/Reseller
Locate an authorized Backup Exec Partner/Reseller in your area using this online tool.