“We absolutely wanted the backup appliance model because we can deploy it in less than a day. A traditional solution of separate backup software, server, and storage would take far longer and would not be practical for us.”Richard Morris, Solution Line Manager, Colt Technology Services
Simple and efficient backup, storage and deduplication on a single device.
What’s new in NetBackup Appliances
The release of NetBackup Appliance software 3.1.2 features several important capabilities:
- NetBackup Virtual Appliances combine the ease of use of an appliance with the economies of virtualization. With the addition of new NetBackup CloudCatalyst and Master virtual appliances to the NetBackup Virtual Appliance family you can deploy NetBackup data protection from the remote office to the cloud in a virtual environment.
- Appliance Management Server (AMS) enables management of multiple NetBackup Appliances from a single pane of glass. New performance monitoring and appliance overview capabilities allow optimization and load balancing of workloads across all appliances.
- Need to quickly restore a file from a virtual machine? With NetBackup Instant Access, you can quickly boot up a VMware vSphere® virtual machine on a NetBackup Appliance, browse for what you need, and get your data back. Learn more about what is new in NetBackup 8.1.2
Increase operational efficiency
- Deploy faster
- Reduce risk by minimizing planned and unplanned downtime
- Improve staff efficiencies and enhance service levels
Reduce costs with consolidation
- Lower capital expenses by combining multiple point products in a single appliance
- Reduce operating expenses with fewer products to manage
- Decrease data center space, cooling, and power requirements
Leverage flexible performance and scalability
- Optimize performance via tight integration of hardware with NetBackup software
- Increase network bandwidth and reduce capacity with deduplication at multiple levels: source, target, inline, or post-process
- Easily add capacity as your environment grows
Simplify enterprise data management with agile, scalable, integrated appliances
NetBackup Appliances integrate multiple components into a single device, streamlining management, operation, and support—and saving you money and critical IT resources. Tight integration with NetBackup software gives you a way to cut costs and remove complexity across the entire organization.
- Save time and money vs. building your own media server
- Easily scale capacity and performance as your organization grows
- Quickly deploy new data protection capabilities
Streamline management, operation, and support
Save time and money with integrated appliances
Whether you need to reduce the deployment time of a media server or streamline backup administration, purpose-built NetBackup Appliances can eliminate the cumbersome, time-consuming task of building and managing your own media server.
- Streamline acquisition
- Simplify installation and integration
- Eliminate complex administration
- Automatic patches and upgrades
- Reduce support requests
Boost recovery time for hybrid clouds
Easily meet stringent Service Level Objectives
Now you can augment your cloud-based storage strategy with on-premises data protection when you face demanding Service Level Objectives. NetBackup Appliances offer an easy, turnkey solution for your hybrid cloud data protection strategy.
- Seamlessly integrate on-premises and cloud storage
- Optimize performance with a fully tested hardware/software integration
- Use integrated cloud connectors, including AWS S3, Google, IBM SoftLayer, Microsoft® Azure, Hitachi, Oracle Cloud Platform, S3 cloud storage providers, and SwiftStack
- Reduce costs with deduplication to the cloud using NetBackup CloudCatalyst
Increase Operational Efficiency
Meet stringent service level objectives with reduce planned and unplanned downtime
Operational availability becomes a major concern as the volume of data that an enterprise depends on grows toward the petabyte scale. Service Level Objectives demand that both planned and unplanned downtime be minimized. The NetBackup Appliance High Availability (HA) solution provides the reliability needed to meet the most stringent service level objectives for large data sets. Compared to a non-HA configuration Appliance HA achieves:
- 10x increase in uptime per year
- 80% improvement in system through-put
- Reduced operational costs
Streamline database protection
Protect databases and workloads where no agent or backup API exists
A common procedure to backup databases is the “dump and sweep” method in which the database is “dumped” to an intermediate storage location and is then “swept” into the backup deduplication pool. NetBackup Universal Share eliminates he intermediate step and allows the dump to go directly into the NetBackup appliance deduplicated storage.
- Supports all commercial/open source databases and workloads
- Reduce costs by eliminating intermediate storage
Simplify collaboration between Oracle database and backup administrators
Database and backup admins depend on different tools to protect databases resulting in inefficiencies that prevent them from understanding the complete picture. Veritas NetBackup for Copilot for Oracle creates an optimized solution for the protection of Oracle databases.
- Better coordinate workflows between database and backup teams
- Increase savings with improved storage utilization and reduced network bandwidth
Simplicity, Manageability and Performance
NetBackup Virtual Appliances combine the ease of use of appliances with the economies of virtualization.
As organizations invest in virtualized environments they want to maximize the utilization of their infrastructures. Veritas NetBackup Virtual Appliances deliver unified data protection and seamless hypervisor integration into existing virtual environments. The Virtual Appliance family allows you to build a complete NetBackup infrastructure from remote office to the cloud in a virtual environment.
- Fits into existing virtual environments: Easily expand or refresh existing NetBackup environments
- Flexible software-only data protection options, the NetBackup virtual appliances simplified deployment at lower TCO
- Select from portfolio of virtual appliance offerings to fit all of your needs – from remote offices
"Our recovery scenarios are complex, but VRP simplified them. And I was impressed that Veritas was able to provide the technology support we needed so quickly and smoothly."Jose Newman, Disaster Recovery Program Architect at Oncor
“The IPCC environment is very large, covering four regions of nearly 11,000 seats. Veritas NetBackup Appliances help us minimize costs because they support source or target deduplication, and also let users choose inline or post deduplication. This flexibility maximizes IPCC backup storage capacity utilization, significantly reducing costs by eliminating the necessity of point products such as target-based deduplication appliances, tape, or a VTL (Virtual Tape Library).”Seung Man Yang, Customer Service Center Operation Team Senior Manager, KT
NetBackup Appliances Resources
Looking for more information? See our library of data sheets, white papers, podcasts or videos.
NetBackup Appliances Requirements
Trying to decide if this product fits your needs? Read system requirement details before installation.
Why Veritas NetBackup Appliances
Learn how NetBackup Appliances enable efficient, storage-optimized data protection for the data center, remote offices, and virtual environments.
Already a customer? Try AppAssist to access multimedia information about NetBackup Appliances from your mobile device.