“Of the few vendors in IT with a comprehensive understanding of both data management and data protection, Veritas repeatedly has led innovation toward what next-generation data management and data protection are.”- Jason Buffington, Principal Analyst; and Monya Keane, Senior Research Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG)
Provide rapid, self-service access to the right data at the right time.
Accelerate and transform data access
Veritas Velocity accelerates and streamlines data access by providing rapid, self-service access to the right data at the right time. With Velocity, you can eliminate the burden of creating, storing, and maintaining physical copies or relying on resource dependences when accessing data. By storing a single copy of production data ingested directly from NetBackup or the source, Velocity instantly provisions virtual copies on-demand, enabling quick data access, in minutes not days.
Gain fast, easy access to data
Get quick self-service access to the right data at the right time
- Provision virtual copies in minutes, so end users can access the data they need, when they need it
- Create virtual copies as needed without the overhead or burden of storing and protecting physical copies
- Accelerate application releases, upgrades, and features to market through automated data provisioning of virtual copies
Reduce copy data sprawl and storage costs by up to 90%
- Use a single stored copy of production data to provision virtual copies on-demand
- Eliminate the need for additional infrastructure or separate processes to store physical copies
- Modernize your infrastructure and reallocate your storage budget to higher priorities
Strengthen information governance and data privacy
- Easily set role-based access permissions from a central interface
- Enhance information governance via centralized control, management, and tracking of production datacopies
- Accelerate data-driven processes while protecting data against exposure, breach, and theft
Streamline data access
Provide fast, self-service access to the right data at the right time
Manual, labor-intensive processes to provision copies of production data can take days or weeks and in some cases, may be impossible. Velocity stores a single copy of production data ingested directly from NetBackup or the source, letting you easily provision virtual copies on-demand and speed up data access. Because provisioning virtual copies takes only seconds, you can create copies whenever you need them and get to market faster.
- Accelerate application releases, upgrades, and patches
- Empower end users with self-service data access
- Eliminate the waiting, delays, or resource dependencies of physical copies by accessing virtual copies on-demand
Improve storage optimization and cut costs
Dramatically reduce copy data sprawl
One of the biggest causes of rising data volumes is copy data. According to IDC, organizations create on average 20 copies of production data. By provisioning virtual copies instead of physical, you can eliminate the need for additional infrastructure or separate processes to create, store, and manage physical copies.
- Reduce your copy data footprint by up to 90%
- Use less storage by provisioning virtual copies on-demand
- Lower storage costs
Decrease information risk
Set access permissions by role and improve protection
Veritas Velocity lets you easily set role-based access permissions and user privileges from a central interface, ensuring only authorized users can access virtual copies of production data. To further protect data against exposure or theft, Velocity enables you to run your own scripts or other data preparation processes to mask sensitive data. With these controls in place, you can accelerate data-driven processes and strengthen information governance while protecting data against exposure, breach, and theft.
- Easily set access permissions by role
- Centrally control, manage, and track virtual copies via a single interface
- Protect vital information with dynamic data masking
Boost backup and recovery performance
Reduce backup windows by eliminating redundant data
Today’s organizations are struggling to keep pace with phenomenal data growth. As data volumes increase, so do backup windows, storage consumption, and data management costs. By ingesting and storing a single copy of production data, Veritas Velocity instantly provisions virtual copies and makes them available to end users via a self-service portal, eliminating the need for physical copies that increase data volume, storage, and costs.
- Shorten backup windows by reducing the volume of copy data
- Ensure highly efficient storage utilization
- Lower storage costs
Identify outdated databases
Safely and easily retire databases
Organizations often maintain old databases far beyond their useful lives and don’t have a well-defined process for removing historic records prior to merging instances or routinely archiving old data. As a result, they may retain obsolete data that’s no longer needed or even used. Veritas Velocity ingests and stores full copies of designated production databases at specified times, so you can safely retire the primary database, but still access it quickly and easily in the future, if necessary.
- Eliminate archaic and non-essential data
- Quickly and easily retire unused databases
- Retain fast access to retired databases
Looking for more information? See our library of data sheets, white papers or videos.
Request a personalized 1:1 demo today.
Reasons to Choose Velocity
See why Velocity is the right choice for your organization.
Trying to decide if this product fits your environment?