Veritas Enters New Government-wide Cloud Data Management Agreement for the U.S. General Services Administration
Veritas data protection solutions now available to federal government agencies across the U.S. under FITARA
Mountain View, CA – September 12, 2018 – Veritas Technologies, the worldwide market share leader in the enterprise data protection and software-defined storage market, has entered into a government-wide agreement for the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) to provide federal agencies with data governance and cloud data management software.
Under the agreement, government agencies will have access to Veritas data protection and cloud solutions at negotiated prices to allow for improved data management. The agreement is derived from the Veritas offerings on the Carahsoft GSA IT Schedule 70 and fully supports the Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) Enhancement Program.
The agreement brings Veritas’ award-winning enterprise data management portfolio to all eligible federal, state, local and tribal government agencies. These agencies can build upon the data protection foundation of Veritas NetBackup and add additional data management capabilities to accelerate their cloud initiatives. Some of the initial offerings include:
- Veritas Data Insight helps organizations improve unstructured data governance to reduce costs, risk and achieve compliance through actionable intelligence into data ownership, usage and access controls.
- Veritas eDiscovery Platform provides governments with the ultimate analysis toolkit for isolating relevant legal, regulatory and investigative items, revealing context and prioritizing what is most important, using a single application.
- Veritas InfoScale helps federal IT teams better protect information and applications across physical and virtual infrastructures. InfoScale minimizes downtime by providing high availability and disaster recovery over any distance for critical business services, including individual databases, custom applications and complex multitier applications across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Veritas Enterprise Vault, when offered as a solution with a FedRAMP authorized Software-as-a Service (SaaS) cloud service from bluesource (known as EV247), frees agencies from the overhead of owning, running or managing email and file archives. The EV247 solution is powered by the world’s leading archiving technology from Veritas. It is a cloud platform, software archiving solution and managed service all in one.
- Veritas 360 Data Management provides agencies the ability to transform their data to address the challenges of end-to-end data management by data visibility, compliance readiness, business continuity, data protection and recoverability. It accomplishes all of these goal while maintaining data/workload portability and storage optimization.
“The IT Schedule 70 FITARA Enhancement Program will provide government agencies with greater flexibility in accessing the innovative software solutions they need at a better value to taxpayers,” said Alan Thomas, GSA Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) Commissioner. “Providing these solutions through a government-wide, enterprise-level contract is a great way to reduce duplication in our procurement process.”
“With the rise of cybercrime, the introduction of new data regulations, an upturn of data growth and escalation of digital privacy, federal organizations today must be prepared to make strategic choices around data collection, data storage, the location of that data—and how it can be safeguarded,” said Tom Kennedy, vice president and general manager, Veritas Public Sector. “As the undisputed leader in data protection and software-defined storage, Veritas is offering government agencies easy access to solutions that help combat these pressures – to understand data, keep it protected, improve data availability, unlock the power of information and garner insights to drive improvements in government programs.”
About the IT Schedule 70 FITARA Enhancement Program
The Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) is a GSA program designed to make it easier and more cost effective for federal agencies to acquire software. FITARA was passed by Congress in 2014 and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) implemented guidance in 2016. It aims to reduce costs and bring innovative technology to the federal government.
Veritas Technologies is the leader in the global enterprise data protection and software-defined storage market. We help the most important enterprises in the world, including 86 percent of the global Fortune 500, back up and recover their data, keep it secure and available, guard against failure and achieve regulatory compliance. As enterprises modernize their IT infrastructure, Veritas delivers the technology that helps them reduce risks and capitalize on their data. Learn more at www.veritas.com or follow us on Twitter at @veritastechllc.
Veritas and the Veritas Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Veritas Technologies LLC or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Dayna Fried +1 925 493 9020