Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Deduplication Guide
Last Published: 2020-02-18
Product(s): NetBackup (8.2)
- Introducing the NetBackup media server deduplication option
- Planning your deployment
- About MSDP storage and connectivity requirements
- About NetBackup media server deduplication
- About NetBackup Client Direct deduplication
- About MSDP remote office client deduplication
- About MSDP performance
- MSDP deployment best practices
- Provisioning the storage
- Licensing deduplication
- Configuring deduplication
- Configuring the Deduplication Multi-Threaded Agent behavior
- Configuring the MSDP fingerprint cache behavior
- Configuring MSDP fingerprint cache seeding on the storage server
- About MSDP Encryption using KMS service
- Configuring a storage server for a Media Server Deduplication Pool
- Configuring a disk pool for deduplication
- Configuring a Media Server Deduplication Pool storage unit
- About MSDP optimized duplication within the same domain
- Configuring MSDP optimized duplication within the same NetBackup domain
- Configuring MSDP replication to a different NetBackup domain
- About NetBackup Auto Image Replication
- Configuring a target for MSDP replication to a remote domain
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Resilient Network properties
- Editing the MSDP pd.conf file
- About protecting the MSDP catalog
- Configuring an MSDP catalog backup
- Configuring deduplication to the cloud with NetBackup Cloud Catalyst
- Using NetBackup Cloud Catalyst to upload deduplicated data to the cloud
- Configuring a Cloud Catalyst storage server for deduplication to the cloud
- Monitoring deduplication activity
- Viewing MSDP job details
- Managing deduplication
- Managing MSDP servers
- Managing NetBackup Deduplication Engine credentials
- Managing Media Server Deduplication Pools
- Changing a Media Server Deduplication Pool properties
- Configuring MSDP data integrity checking behavior
- About MSDP storage rebasing
- Managing MSDP servers
- Recovering MSDP
- Replacing MSDP hosts
- Uninstalling MSDP
- Deduplication architecture
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting MSDP installation issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP configuration issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP operational issues
- Troubleshooting Cloud Catalyst issues
- Cloud Catalyst logs
- Problems encountered while using the Cloud Storage Server Configuration Wizard
- Disk pool problems
- Problems during cloud storage server configuration
- Cloud Catalyst troubleshooting tools
- Appendix A. Migrating to MSDP storage
Inventorying a NetBackup disk pool
An inventory of a NetBackup disk pool reads the capacity of the disk volumes in the pool. An inventory operation lets you update NetBackup with the new capacity values if you do the following:
Increase or decrease the size of the disk volumes in a disk pool.
Add volumes to or remove volumes from a disk pool.
How you increase or decrease the underlying storage capacity depends on your storage implementation. You must complete that process before you inventory the disk pool.
To inventory a NetBackup disk pool
- in the NetBackup Administration Console, select Media and Device Management > Devices > Disk Pools.
- On the Actions menu, select Inventory Disk Pools.
- In the Inventory Disk Pool dialog box, select the disk pool to inventory and then click Start Inventory.
- To update the NetBackup catalog with the capacity values returned by the inventory, click Update Configuration.
- To inventory another disk pool, go to step 3.
- To exit, click Close.