Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites and things to consider before using the plug-in
- Downloading and installing the Nutanix plug-in
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Configuring secure communication between the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor server and NetBackup host
- Managing SSL certificates through ECA framework
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line for Hypervisor policy
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Appendix B. Protect Nutanix AHV virtual machines with BigData policy
ECA_CRL_PATH for NetBackup servers and clients
The ECA_CRL_PATH option specifies the path to the directory where the Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL) of the external certificate authority (CA) are located.
These CRLs are copied to NetBackup CRL cache. Revocation status of the external certificate is validated against the CRLs from the CRL cache.
CRLs in the CRL cache are periodically updated with the CRLs in the directory that is specified for ECA_CRL_PATH based on the ECA_CRL_PATH_SYNC_HOURS option.
If the ECA_CRL_CHECK option is not set to DISABLE (or 0) and the ECA_CRL_PATH option is not specified, NetBackup downloads the CRLs from the URLs that are specified in the CRL distribution point (CDP) and uses them to verify revocation status of the peer host's certificate.
For validating the revocation status of a virtualization server certificate, the VIRTUALIZATION_CRL_CHECK option is used.
See VIRTUALIZATION_CRL_CHECK for NetBackup servers and clients.
Table: ECA_CRL_PATH information
Where to use
On NetBackup servers or clients.
If certificate validation is required for VMware or RHV servers, this option must be set on the NetBackup master server and respective access hosts, irrespective of the certificate authority that NetBackup uses for host communication (NetBackup CA or external CA).
How to use
Use the nbgetconfig and the nbsetconfig commands to view, add, or change the option.
For information about these commands, see the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide.
Use the following format to specify a path to the CRL directory:
ECA_CRL_PATH = Path to the CRL directory
Equivalent Administration Console property
No equivalent exists in the NetBackup Administration Console host properties.