NetBackup™ Web UI Security Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- Managing role-based access control
- Steps to create an object group
- Adding AD or LDAP domains
- Security events and audit logs
- Managing hosts
- Managing security certificates
- Managing NetBackup security certificates
- Using external security certificates with NetBackup
- Managing user sessions
- Managing master server security settings
- Creating and using API keys
- Configuring smart card authentication
- Troubleshooting access to the web UI
- Unable to add AD or LDAP domains with the vssat command
Add AD or LDAP domains
NetBackup RBAC in the NetBackup web UI supports domain users of Active Directory (AD) or Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP). Before you can add access rules for domain users, you must add the AD or the LDAP domain. A domain also must be added before you can configure that domain for smart card authentication.
Ensure that the user account (in the -m option) has the required rights to query the AD or the LDAP server.
For more information on the vssat command and more of its options, see the NetBackup Command Reference Guide.
To add an AD or a LDAP domain
- Log on to the master server as root or administrator.
- Run the following command.
vssat addldapdomain -d DomainName -s server_URL -u user_base_DN -g group_base_DN -t rfc2307 | msad -m admin_user_DN
For example, to add an LDAP domain:
vssat addldapdomain -d nbudomain -s ldap://example.com -u "OU=Users,DC=example,DC=com" -g "OU=Groups,DC=example,DC=com" -m "CN=TestUser,OU=Users,DC=example,DC=com" -t msad
- Verify that the specified AD or LDAP domain was successfully added.