Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Accessing and using the Veritas Remote Management interface
The IPMI web interface is known as Veritas Remote Management interface. You can use Veritas Remote Management interface to log on to the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu or the Flex Appliance Shell.
Before you use the Remote Management interface, the following prerequisites must be met:
The Remote Management interface (IPMI port) must first be configured.
At least one power cable must be connected to a functioning power source.
At least one user must be enabled to use the LAN channel(s).
To access and use the IPMI web interface from a remote computer
- Log on to a remote computer in the network and open a supported Windows browser.
- Enter the remote management port IP address that is assigned to the remote management port. The following page appears:
- Enter your login information. The default user name is sysadmin. The default password is P@ssw0rd, where 0 is the number zero.
- The Remote Control section lets you remotely monitor and control the server. Click Launch Console under the Console Redirection tab to launch the appliance NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu.
- A JViewer application opens that enables you to remotely monitor and control the appliance. This application requires Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 6.0 or later. Install Java (as needed).
Starting with Java 7 update 45, you may receive a security warning when you launch the KVM remote console from the appliance IPMI port. The warning states that you do not have proper permissions and prevents appliance access from the IPMI port. For information about how to resolve this issue, refer to the following document:
- You can now access and log on to the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu or the Flex Appliance Shell. Enter the user name and password for the appliance.
By default, the user name admin has the password, P@ssw0rd where 0 is the number zero.