Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
5U84 storage shelf control panel
The following table explains the components in the storage shelf control panel.
A numerical enclosure display that helps when setting up and maintaining multiple storage shelves. The Primary shelf has a default value of 00. The first Expansion shelf has a value of 01. Subsequent Expansion shelves have a value of 02 and 03.
Used to set the unit identification display.
Amber when the system is in standby mode.
Green when the system is on.
Module fault LED
Amber when there is a system hardware fault.
An LED may be lit on a power supply, drawer, disk carrier, cooling module, or I/O module to identify which component is at fault.
Logical status LED
Shows a change of status or a fault. Typically these changes of status or faults are associated with the shelf's disk drives. However, the Logical Status LED can also indicate an issue with an internal RAID controller or external RAID controller, or with a host bus adapter.
Drawer 1 fault LED
Indicates a drive, cable, or sideplane fault in Drawer 1, the top drawer.
Drawer 2 fault LED
Indicates a drive, cable, or sideplane fault in Drawer 2, the bottom drawer.