Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
5340 compute node disk drives
The front panel of the compute node contains 12 disk drive slots. The slots are numbered from zero in the lower left corner to 11 in the upper right corner.
The disk drive functions are as follows.
Slots 0 and 1 - RAID-1 OS volume
Slots 2 and 3 - RAID-1 log volume
Slot 4 - hot spare
Slots 5 through 11 - blank
The RAID-6 volume provides usable storage capacity.