Veritas NetBackup™ Deduplication Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup media server deduplication option
- Planning your deployment
- About MSDP storage and connectivity requirements
- About NetBackup media server deduplication
- About NetBackup Client Direct deduplication
- About MSDP remote office client deduplication
- About MSDP performance
- MSDP deployment best practices
- Provisioning the storage
- Licensing deduplication
- Configuring deduplication
- Configuring the Deduplication Multi-Threaded Agent behavior
- Configuring the MSDP fingerprint cache behavior
- Configuring MSDP fingerprint cache seeding on the storage server
- Configuring a storage server for a Media Server Deduplication Pool
- Configuring a disk pool for deduplication
- Configuring a Media Server Deduplication Pool storage unit
- About MSDP optimized duplication within the same domain
- Configuring MSDP optimized duplication within the same NetBackup domain
- Configuring MSDP replication to a different NetBackup domain
- About NetBackup Auto Image Replication
- Configuring a target for MSDP replication to a remote domain
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Resilient Network properties
- Editing the MSDP pd.conf file
- About protecting the MSDP catalog
- Configuring an MSDP catalog backup
- Configuring deduplication to the cloud with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Using NetBackup CloudCatalyst to upload deduplicated data to the cloud
- Configuring a CloudCatalyst storage server for deduplication to the cloud
- Monitoring deduplication activity
- Viewing MSDP job details
- Managing deduplication
- Managing MSDP servers
- Managing NetBackup Deduplication Engine credentials
- Managing Media Server Deduplication Pools
- Changing a Media Server Deduplication Pool properties
- Configuring MSDP data integrity checking behavior
- About MSDP storage rebasing
- Managing MSDP servers
- Recovering MSDP
- Replacing MSDP hosts
- Uninstalling MSDP
- Deduplication architecture
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting MSDP installation issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP configuration issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP operational issues
- Troubleshooting CloudCatalyst issues
- CloudCatalyst logs
- Problems encountered while using the Cloud Storage Server Configuration Wizard
- Disk pool problems
- Problems during cloud storage server configuration
- CloudCatalyst troubleshooting tools
- Appendix A. Migrating to MSDP storage
Configuring a CloudCatalyst storage server as the target for the deduplications from MSDP storage servers
This media server is the target for the backups from the MSDP storage server. After configuration, this is the CloudCatalyst storage server that uploads the deduplicated data to the cloud.
Configuring a CloudCatalyst storage server as the target for the MSDP storage servers
- On the master server, in the NetBackup Administration Console, click Configure Cloud Storage Servers to launch the Cloud Storage Server Configuration Wizard.
- In the wizard, enable the option: Enable NetBackup CloudCatalyst.
- Enter a path to use as the Local cache directory. Deduplicated data is written to this directory on the cloud storage server before it is uploaded to the cloud.
The minimum size for the local cache directory is 4 TB, however, an environment may see benefits from a larger local cache directory.
This path should be to a file system which is dedicated for CloudCatalyst cache use. Inaccurate cache eviction occurs if the path shares any storage with other data or applications.
NetBackup manages the files in the local cache directory. Users should not manually delete files in this directory.
- Choose whether to use NetBackup KMS encryption. To use KMS encryption, it must be configured and enabled.
The NetBackup Cloud Administrator's Guide contains information about all of the available options and switches which are common to non-CloudCatalyst and CloudCatalyst environments.
- As part of the storage server wizard, a disk pool and a storage unit are configured.
When creating the storage lifecycle policy, this storage unit name is used in the Storage unit field for the Duplication operation.