Veritas NetBackup™ Deduplication Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup media server deduplication option
- Planning your deployment
- About MSDP storage and connectivity requirements
- About NetBackup media server deduplication
- About NetBackup Client Direct deduplication
- About MSDP remote office client deduplication
- About MSDP performance
- MSDP deployment best practices
- Provisioning the storage
- Licensing deduplication
- Configuring deduplication
- Configuring the Deduplication Multi-Threaded Agent behavior
- Configuring the MSDP fingerprint cache behavior
- Configuring MSDP fingerprint cache seeding on the storage server
- Configuring a storage server for a Media Server Deduplication Pool
- Configuring a disk pool for deduplication
- Configuring a Media Server Deduplication Pool storage unit
- About MSDP optimized duplication within the same domain
- Configuring MSDP optimized duplication within the same NetBackup domain
- Configuring MSDP replication to a different NetBackup domain
- About NetBackup Auto Image Replication
- Configuring a target for MSDP replication to a remote domain
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Resilient Network properties
- Editing the MSDP pd.conf file
- About protecting the MSDP catalog
- Configuring an MSDP catalog backup
- Configuring deduplication to the cloud with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Using NetBackup CloudCatalyst to upload deduplicated data to the cloud
- Configuring a CloudCatalyst storage server for deduplication to the cloud
- Monitoring deduplication activity
- Viewing MSDP job details
- Managing deduplication
- Managing MSDP servers
- Managing NetBackup Deduplication Engine credentials
- Managing Media Server Deduplication Pools
- Changing a Media Server Deduplication Pool properties
- Configuring MSDP data integrity checking behavior
- About MSDP storage rebasing
- Managing MSDP servers
- Recovering MSDP
- Replacing MSDP hosts
- Uninstalling MSDP
- Deduplication architecture
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting MSDP installation issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP configuration issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP operational issues
- Troubleshooting CloudCatalyst issues
- CloudCatalyst logs
- Problems encountered while using the Cloud Storage Server Configuration Wizard
- Disk pool problems
- Problems during cloud storage server configuration
- CloudCatalyst troubleshooting tools
- Appendix A. Migrating to MSDP storage
Viewing MSDP disk reports
The NetBackup disk reports include information about the disk pools, disk storage units, disk logs, images that are stored on disk media, and storage capacity.
Table: Disk reports describes the disk reports available.
Table: Disk reports
Images on Disk
The Images on Disk report generates the image list present on the disk storage units that are connected to the media server. The report is a subset of the Images on Media report; it shows only disk-specific columns.
The report provides a summary of the storage unit contents. If a disk becomes bad or if a media server crashes, this report can let you know what data is lost.
The Disk Logs report displays the media errors or the informational messages that are recorded in the NetBackup error catalog. The report is a subset of the Media Logs report; it shows only disk-specific columns.
The report also includes information about deduplicated data integrity checking.
See About MSDP data integrity checking.
Either PureDisk or Veritas Deduplication Engine in the description identifies a deduplication message. The identifiers are generic because the deduplication engine does not know which application consumes its resources. NetBackup and Veritas Backup Exec are Veritas applications that use deduplication.
Disk Storage Unit Status
The Disk Storage Unit Status report displays the state of disk storage units in the current NetBackup configuration.
For disk pool capacity, see the disk pools window in Media and Device Management > Devices > Disk Pools.
Multiple storage units can point to the same disk pool. When the report query is by storage unit, the report counts the capacity of disk pool storage multiple times.
Disk Pool Status
The Disk Pool Status report displays the state of disk pool and usage information. This report displays only when a license that enables NetBackup disk features is installed.
To view disk reports
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management > Reports > Disk Reports.
- Select the name of a disk report.
- In the right pane, select the report settings.
- Click Run Report.