Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
Last Published: 2021-01-26
Product(s): Appliances (Version Not Specified)
Platform: Veritas 5340
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Installing SFPs into the RAID controller
Four small form-factor pluggable (SFP) transceivers are provided. You must insert them into the Fibre Channel (FC) ports 0 and 1 in each RAID controller in the Primary Storage Shelf.
To install the SFPs
- Locate the SFPs.
- Identify the FC ports 0 and 1 in each of the two RAID controllers.
- Remove the black rubber cap on each SFP that you want to install.
- Slide the SFP completely into one port until it clicks into place. Be sure that the metal handle on the end of the SFP is on the top. You do not need to lift up the handle.
- Verify that the SFP is seated properly. The SFPs should be parallel to each other. They should not be twisted or incompletely inserted.