Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Adding the disk space of an Expansion Storage Shelf from the Flex Appliance Console
Follow the steps in this section to add storage disk space to an appliance after physically adding one or more Expansion Shelves.
When you configure additional disk space, any current backup operations are stopped until the process is complete. Veritas recommends that you do not start any backup operations before starting this procedure.
To configure additional disk space
- Turn on the new shelf or shelves.
- Sign in to the Flex Appliance Console.
- Go to the System topology page.
- Click on Add storage.
- A confirmation window appears. Click Yes.
You can monitor the progress from the Activity Monitor.
In a multi-node appliance, two tasks are shown in the Activity Monitor.
A task to add new storage displays for the first node, and a task to scan new storage displays for the second node. The task for the second node runs after the first node's tasks are complete.