Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Connecting the power cords to the hardware
Each compute node and each storage shelf contain two AC power supplies. To ensure power redundancy, connect the power supplies on each component to different AC power sources.
Typically, the rear of a rack is configured with a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) on each side. The PDU on each side is from a different source to provide power redundancy.
The storage shelves are 933mm (36.75") long. Ensure that the rack is deep enough to accommodate the shelves, cables, and power strips.
Do not turn on the power to any components while connecting the power cords. The components must be turned on in a specific sequence to ensure correct communication.
Refer to the following section for a description of the power cable connectors.
To connect the power cables
- Verify that the AC power cords and connectors for the compute node are as follows.
AC power connector IEC-60320-C14 to an external power supply
AC power connector IEC-60320-C13 to an external power supply
Cable rating - 15A, 250V
- Verify that the AC power cords and connectors for the storage shelves are as follows.
AC power connector IEC-60320-C20 to an external power supply
AC power connector IEC-60320-C19 to a storage shelf
Cable rating - 20A, 250V
- For each component, obtain two power cords that are appropriate for your region and equipment.
- On the compute node, connect a power cord to each power supply socket. Connect the other end of each cord to a different PDU.
- On each storage shelf, connect a power cord to each power supply socket. Connect the other end of each cord to a different PDU socket.
- Verify that your power cable connections match the connections in the following diagram.