Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2018-09-19
Product(s): NetBackup (8.1.2)
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for Informix
- About schedule properties
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
About configuring a backup policy for Informix
A backup policy for a database defines the backup criteria for a specific group of one or more clients.
These criteria include the following:
Storage unit and media to use
Clients to be backed up
The script files to run on the clients
To back up the database environment, define at least one Informix-ON-Bar policy with the appropriate schedules. A configuration can have a single policy that includes all clients, or there can be many policies, some of which include only one client.
In addition to the Informix-ON-Bar policy, back up the $INFORMIXDIR/etc files that are specified in the backup scripts. Define a Standard policy with a User Backup schedule type to back up these files.