Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for Informix
- About schedule properties
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
Verifying the NetBackup for Informix configuration
Use the following procedure to verify that environment variables, paths, and other settings are correct for your installation.
To verify the configuration
- Verify the existence of $BAR_BSALIB_PATH, which is defined in the Informix $CONFIG file. This path should point to NetBackup's /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/infxbsa.[so,sl,a] library. Ensure that the permissions are set to 755.
- Verify that the Informix policy and schedule are properly created.
BAR_DEBUG. This variable sets the level of detail to be gathered about the backup. The range is 0-9, with 9 providing the most detail. The Informix instance uses the value that is specified in this variable, and it provides debugging information according to the level specified.
To set these variables, stop and restart the Informix instance, as follows:
For Informix version 9.x, run the following Informix commands:
onmode -uky oninit
For Informix version 8.x, run the following commands:
xctl onmode -uky xctl -C oninit
- Make sure the table bar_version in the sysutils database has the correct value for the bar_version column. The value should be 1.1.0.
- (Optional) Verify that you are using the correct library.
Perform this step if you use NetBackup for Informix on an IBM AIX platform.