Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2018-09-19
Product(s): NetBackup (8.1.2)
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for Informix
- About schedule properties
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
Minimizing the loading and unloading of tapes for database backups
You can minimize excessive unloading and reloading of tapes between multistreamed database backups by changing the media settings for the master or the media server.
See the NetBackup Administration Guide, Volume 1 for details.
To minimize loading and unloading of tapes
- Open the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Choose Host Properties.
- Choose Master Servers or Media Servers.
- Double-click on the name of the server.
- In the left pane, click Media.
Configure the following settings:
Media unmount delay
Media request delay
Use this variable only with non-robotic drives, such as tape stackers.