Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2018-09-19
Product(s): NetBackup (8.1.2)
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for Informix
- About schedule properties
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
Performing a manual backup
After you configure the servers and clients in your environment, you can test the configuration settings with a manual backup. Perform a manual backup (or backups) with the automatic backup schedules you created. A description of status codes and other troubleshooting information is available.
See the NetBackup Status Codes Reference Guide.
See the NetBackup Logging Reference Guide.
To perform a manual backup
- Log onto the master server as administrator (Windows) or root (UNIX).
- Start the NetBackup Administration Console.
- In the left pane, click Policies.
- In the All Policies pane, select the policy you want to test.
- Select Actions > Manual Backup.
- Select the schedule that you want to use for the manual backup.
- Select the clients that you want to include for the manual backup.
- To check the status of the backup, click Activity Monitor in the NetBackup Administration Console.
The Activity Monitor and the script output indicate the status of the backup operation.