Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Importing an Active Directory user or user group to the Flex Appliance Console
Follow these steps to import an Active Directory (AD) user or user group.
Nested user groups are not supported. To import the users of a nested group, you must perform this procedure for the group that they directly belong to.
To import an AD user or user group
- On the Flex Appliance Console, click the User management icon in the left-side navigation bar.
- If you have not done so already, connect the AD domain that the user or the user group belongs to.
- Click Create/import user > Import Active Directory users.
- Select User or User group.
- Depending on your selection, enter the username or the group name. Do not include the domain name.
- Click Import.
After you have imported the user or the user group, you can view the details on the User management page.
You cannot view the members of a user group from the Flex Appliance Console. Use the AD server to manage the users within a group.