Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Installing the NetBackup Administration Console and client packages
To create and manage NetBackup instances, you need access to the NetBackup Administration Console or the NetBackup Remote Administration Console. Use the NetBackup Remote Administration Console if you want to manage your instances from a computer that does not have NetBackup software installed.
You also need access to the NetBackup client software so that you can install it on the computers that you want to back up.
The NetBackup Administration Console and the NetBackup client packages are included with the Electronic Software Distribution (ESD) images for NetBackup product installation. You can download the NetBackup ESD images from the Downloads page on the Veritas Support website.
For more information about the interfaces or installing the client software, refer to the NetBackup Installation Guide, which is accessible from the NetBackup page on the Support website.