Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Changing the application add-on installation order
In most cases, the order in which add-ons are installed on an instance does not affect operation. However, if recommended by Veritas Support or otherwise required, use the following procedure to change the order. If any of the add-ons have conflicting changes, the one that is installed last takes precedence.
Changing the add-on installation order is only supported for NetBackup 8.2 and later instances. Although the Flex Appliance Console allows changing the order on an earlier instance, any changes you make do not go into effect.
To change the add-on install order
- From the System topology page of the Flex Appliance Console, navigate to the Application instances section.
- Locate the instance that you want to modify. If it is running, select it and click Stop. You can also wait to stop the instance until the Flex Appliance Console prompts you to if you prefer.
- Select the instance, then click Manage > Install and order add-ons. Alternatively, click on the instance name, navigate to the Add-ons tab, and click Install and order.
- In the wizard that appears, click Next to skip the add-on installation step.
- Use the up and down arrows to change the add-on install order as needed.
- Click Install.