Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
General troubleshooting steps
If you experience any issues with Flex Appliance, use the following steps as a guide to help you resolve the problem.
Table: Steps for troubleshooting Flex Appliance problems
Note the error message
Error messages are usually the vehicle for telling you something went wrong. If you receive an error message, first follow any troubleshooting steps that are listed in the message.
Some error messages begin with a Unique Message Identifier (UMI) code. UMI codes consist of the letter V followed by a string of numbers in the following format: V-123-456-789.
To find additional troubleshooting information for specific error messages, perform a search for the message or the UMI code on the Veritas Support website.
Check the appliance monitoring information
If you cannot resolve the issue based on the error message, or if you don't see an error message in an interface but still suspect a problem, you can:
Gather information for Technical Support
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, you may need to contact Technical Support for assistance.
Before you contact Support, gather the following information:
Also make sure that Call Home is enabled for maximum supportability.
Contact Technical Support
Contact Veritas Technical Support from the Veritas Support website.