Enterprise Vault™ Compatibility Charts
- About this guide
- Enterprise Vault core dependencies
- Storage devices, appliances, and software
- Exchange archiving
- Exchange archiving client compatibility
- Desktop search utilities
- File System Archiving (FSA)
- Content platforms
- Client access
- Content protocols
- Domino mailbox archiving and journal archiving
- SharePoint archiving
- SMTP archiving
- Microsoft Teams Archiving
- Skype for Business Archiving
- Enterprise Vault Search
- Compliance Accelerator and Discovery Accelerator
- Compliance Accelerator
- Discovery Accelerator
- Antivirus software
- Third-party integrations
- Appendix A. Changes to prerequisite software for Enterprise Vault 12
- Appendix B. Changes to prerequisite software for Enterprise Vault 14
- Appendix C. Revision history
About antivirus software
For a list of recommended antivirus exclusions for Enterprise Vault, see https://www.veritas.com/docs/100017720.
Enterprise Vault placeholder shortcuts appear to the operating system as markers for offline files. Some antivirus programs can be configured to ignore offline files, but others cannot. For more information, see https://www.veritas.com/docs/100018129.
Most of the security product suites include Antivirus, Firewall, AntiSpam, Threat Protection, and so on. The below table shows the support for the Antivirus component only.
Table: Antivirus software
CrowdStrike Falcon Prevent 
Symantec Endpoint Protection
Trend Micro OfficeScan
- FSA placeholders not created due to extended attributes see https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100053202.
- See https://www.veritas.com/docs/100041323.
- Users of File System Archiving should follow the guidance given in https://www.veritas.com/docs/100041325.
- Supports Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.3 MP1.