Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
Last Published: 2018-02-16
Product(s): NetBackup (8.1.1, 8.1)
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
Java-based administration console logging process flow
The Java-based administration console logging process flow is as follows:
The following steps describe the Java-based administration console login process:
The user initiates a login request to the Java-based administration console. The credentials are sent to bpjava-msvc over the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) using the Server Security Certificate.
The bpjava-msvc process authenticates the token through nbatd, which reads the hashed security tokens on the server.
The following steps describe the process with the session certificate:
Various calls are made between the NetBackup Java-based administration console and nbsl, bpjava-*usvc, and nbvault (if configured) to populate the interface with the appropriate contents.