Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
Last Published: 2018-02-16
Product(s): NetBackup (8.1.1, 8.1)
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
The NetBackup Job Manager (nbjm) accepts job requests from nbpem and from media commands, and it acquires the necessary resources for the jobs. It interacts with bpjobd to provide updates to the activity monitor states, starts the bpbrm media manager service as needed, and updates the internal job states.
Server where it resides
How to access
The nbjm process uses the unified logging method. Use the vxlogview and vxlogmgr commands to view and manage the unified log files.