Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
The NetBackup backup and restore manager (bpbrm) manages the client and bptm process. It also uses the error status from the client and from bptm to determine the final status of backup and restore operations.
Server where it resides
How to access
The bpbrm process uses the legacy logging method. If legacy debug logging is not enabled on your NetBackup servers, you must create the appropriate directories for each process.
See About legacy logging.