Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
Last Published: 2018-02-16
Product(s): NetBackup (8.1.1, 8.1)
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
Changing the logging level
The logging level determines how much information is included in the log message. The log range is 0-5. The higher the level number, the greater the amount of detail is in the log message.
To change the logging level
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties.
- Select Master Servers, Media Servers, or Clients.
- In the right pane, click the server or client to view the version and platform. Then, double-click to view the properties.
- In the properties dialog box, in the left pane, click Logging.
- In the Global logging level list, select a value from 0 to 5.
Changes affect the logging level of both unified logging and legacy logging.
- Click OK.