Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
Last Published: 2018-02-16
Product(s): NetBackup (8.1.1, 8.1)
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
On the master server, the NetBackup Resource Broker (nbrb) locates logical and physical resources from a cached list of resources to satisfy storage units, media, and client reservations for jobs. It initiates drive queries every 10 minutes to check the state of the drives.
Server where it resides
How to access
The nbrb process uses the unified logging method. Use the vxlogview and vxlogmgr commands to view and manage the unified log files.