Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
Import process flow
The media server that is responsible for monitoring the disk storage polls the storage for the A.I.R. import events. It is the nbrmms process that does the polling. The image associated with the import event is sent to the import manager (running within nbstserv) on the master server.
The import manager (OID 369) inserts the image records into the NBDB database.
On a regular interval, nbstserv looks for images that need to be imported. It batches up the images to be imported and sends the request to nbpem. nbpem passes the job to nbjm and then checks for resources from nbrb and nbemm.
nbjm starts bpimport. For replicated images, a fast import is run since most of the information that NetBackup needs for the image was brought in when the import event was received.
adminlog) starts bpdm on the media server.
bpdm obtains the physical resources needed from nbjm.
bpdm reads the image information and sends it to bpdbm on the master server.
The import of the image completes and is validated by bpdbm.