Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
Last Published: 2018-02-16
Product(s): NetBackup (8.1.1, 8.1)
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
Setting retention limits for logs on clients
You can specify the numbers of days that NetBackup retains client logs on UNIX and Windows.
To set retention limits for logs on UNIX clients
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, expand Host Properties > Clients.
- In the right pane, double-click the client you want to modify.
- In the properties dialog box, click UNIX Client.
- In the Client Settings dialog box, find the Keep status of user-directed backups, archives, and restores for field.
- Enter the number of days you want to retain the log files, and click OK.
To set the retention limits for logs on Windows clients
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, on the File menu, click Backup, Archive, and Restore.
- In the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface, on the File menu, click NetBackup Client Properties.
- In the NetBackup Client Properties dialog box, select the General tab.
- In the Keep status of user-directed backups, archives, and restores for field, enter the number of days you want to retain the log files.
- Click OK.