Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
Sending backup logs to Veritas Technical Support
If you encounter a problem with a backup, you can send a problem report and the relevant logs to Veritas Technical Support for assistance.
See Logs to accompany problem reports for synthetic backups.
Table: Logs to gather for specific backup issues provides a list of logs and the recommended logging levels that Veritas Technical Support may need to diagnose certain backup issues.
Veritas recommends that the diagnostic level for unified logging be set at the default level of 6.
Table: Logs to gather for specific backup issues
Type of problem
Logs to gather
Problems with backup scheduling
Problems with the queued backup jobs that do not go active
Problems with the active backup jobs that do not write
If the problem is a tape load or unload issue, Support may also need the following logs: