Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
Sending restore logs to Veritas Technical Support
If you encounter a problem with a restore, you can send a problem report and the relevant logs to Veritas Technical Support for assistance.
See Logs to accompany problem reports for synthetic backups.
Table: Log to gather for specific restore issues provides a list of logs and the recommended logging levels that Veritas Technical Support may need to diagnose certain restore issues.
Veritas recommends that the diagnostic level for unified logging be set at the default level of 6.
Table: Log to gather for specific restore issues
Type of problem
Log to gather
Problems with restore jobs from tape
If the problem is a media or a drive issue, Support may also need the following logs:
Problems with restore jobs from disk