Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
Last Published: 2018-02-16
Product(s): NetBackup (8.1.1, 8.1)
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
On the server that is defined as the master server, the NetBackup Enterprise Media Manager (nbemm) manages devices, media, and storage unit configuration. It supplies nbrb with a cache list of available resources, and manages the internal state of storage, (UP/DOWN) based on heartbeat information and disk polling.
Server where it resides
How to access
The nbemm process uses the unified logging method. Use the vxlogview and vxlogmgr commands to view and manage the unified log files.