Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
Last Published: 2018-02-16
Product(s): NetBackup (8.1.1, 8.1)
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
Private Branch Exchange (PBX) is the communication mechanism used by most NetBackup processes.
Server where it resides
master, media, and client
How to access
The PBX process uses the unified logging method. Use the vxlogview and vxlogmgr commands to view and manage the unified log files. Note that the PBX product ID used to access the unified log files differs from the NetBackup product ID. The PBX product ID is 50936.
See the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide for more information on how to access PBX logs.